Saturday, April 3, 2010

Vicky Cristina Barcelona

It has been over a month since I have posted, and each week has been a separate lifetime.

I watched a movie just now, Vicky Cristina Barcelona.


That's a production still, but it captures the color and feeling of the film beautifully. That's the director on the right, Woody Allen, who has a way with film like I could only dream of, an intense capacity for emotionally turbulent and gripping tales of love and life. And in the middle, my favorite actress, Penelope Cruz, who I adore from all her work with Almodovar. On the left, Javier Bardem, who most recognize from No Country for Old Men but he has much more depth than that film shows of him, and in the back Scarlett Johanssen, who plays Cristina. Missing from the photo is Rebecca Hall, who plays Vicky.

As often happens with me, I've lost my capacity to say what I'm feeling. It's a film that makes me want to paint, to express the emotions it brought up in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment