I've been working on The Dancer, too. Here's a shotlist and some concept art.
SHOTLIST FOR THE DANCER
*-done in post, in animation
** shot with still camera, stop motion/pixilation
SCENE 1. EXT. TOPIARY FOREST, NIGHT
1. XWS-- Track right past a large topiary in the foreground, with the dancer centered and a spotlight shining down on her.
2. MW-- Follow as the dancer painfully stands up and stumbles
3. WS-- Low angle, behind the dancer, she stands before an intimidatingly large cockatiel.
4. XCU-- The dancer's eyes, scared, lost
SCENE 2. EXT. DEN OF THE ENTRAPPED, THAT MOMENT
1. ** WS-- Track around the entrapped, as it struggles to stand.
2. ** CU-- The entrapped's faceless head, bolted to the ground. Tilt up from the bolt as it tries to jerk its head upwards, its hands on the bolt.
SCENE 3. EXT. TOPIARY FOREST, MOMENTS LATER
1. MS-- Follow the dancers as she dances through the forest, moving from shape to
shape, approaching and backing away.
2. WS-- Stationary as the dancer moves around
3. MWS-- Follow the dancer. Her spotlight cuts out.
4.* MS-- Track back and follow the menace slowly coming around / in front of a topiary.
5. ** WS-- High angle, POV, the dancer backing away, visible only in flashes. She falls to the ground and continues to back away until she runs into the topiary and is cornered.
6.* WS-- Dancer POV, the menace looming overhead.
7. ** WS-- OS at dancer, high angle. The menace moves closer, the dancer curls into the fetal position, then slowly moves away camera right.
8. CU-- The dancer is curled up in a ball. She slowly looks up and her spotlight fades back in.
9. * WS-- Dancer POV. The menace is gone.
SCENE 4. EXT. FOREST, THAT MOMENT
1. MW--The dancer starts to stand, and is startled and falls down. Follow shot.
2. * WS-- A wall of foliage hides something making noise. A spotlight shines down into the middle of it.
3. CU-- Dancer's face, the moment of decision to go in.
4. WS-- Tracking to behind the entrapped. The dancer emerges from the wall of foliage in the bg, rack focus to the entrapped.
5. WS-- Two shot of the dancer approaching the entrapped, low angle from the side, spotlights on both. Their actions mirror each other.
6. MWS-- The dancer encircles the entrapped, curiously, cautiously
7. ** WS-- They are in the foreground, their spotlights cut out and the menace looms over them, flashing light, backlighting them in intense flashes. They aren't visible between flashes, only in brief moments.
8. ** CU-- Dancer clutching her head in terror and pain.
9. ** CU-- The Entrapped doing the same.
10. ** XCU-- The Entrapped struggling against its bolts.
11. ** MW-- The dancer approaches and pulls with the entrapped.
12. ** XCU-- The dancer's hands pulling and straining with the entrapped, trying to free its head. It breaks free. Tilt up, follow entrapped's head, extreme low angle.
13. ** XCU-- They break the hand out.
14. ** WS-- Dance break for the dancer. She's freaking out. Follow her as she moves away from the entrapped then back toward it. The menace moves with her.
15. ** XCU-- They break the other hand out.
16. ** XCU-- They break a foot out.
17. ** WS-- Second dance break for the dancer. Lower angle. The menace is huge when it's visible.
18. ** CU-- They break the foot out and the entrapped collapses. The flashes/photos are getting much more frequent.
19. ** XWS-- Low angle. The sky is blindingly white, backlighting them. The menace is gone. They have no spotlight, the sky is too bright.
SCENE 5. EXT. FOREST, DAY
1. ** MWS-- Overhead. The entrapped is collapsed on its white pedestal. The bolts are gone. Moss crawls in to fill it from the center out.
2. ** CU-- Moss filling its chest
3. ** CU-- Moss filling a hand
4. ** CU-- Moss filling a leg and foot
5. ** CU-- Moss filling its head.
6. MWS-- Two shot. The dancer approaches the entrapped and lays down with it.
7. WS-- Overhead. The two stare upwards, mirroring each other. The dancer stands up and leaps into a joyous pose.
8. MS-- Low angle, tracking around the dancer in a joyous pose. Tilt up to reveal her full body, toe to head. She's suspended with wires attached to the grid with soft braces to keep her in position. They'll be keyed out in post. Her hands start to unravel into green swirling lines (hand drawn)
9. CU-- Her hands and arms unraveling.
10. CU-- Vines wrapping around the entrapped's feet.
11. CU-- Tilting down, her whole body unravels.
12. CU-- Tilting up, the entrapped becomes completely wrapped up with vines.
13. MS-- The entrapped slowly stands and leaps into her joyous pose.
14. XWS-- The pedestal raises and the light shines down on the dancer, now above the wall of vines that had been surrounding the pedestal.